On completion of this programme, the learner should be able to:
• Define and relate common terminology associated with diabetic foot ulcers (DFUs)
• Recognise the extent and cost of the disease
• List the risk factors linked to DFUs
• Identify the pathophysiology related to the development of the DFU
• Describe the assessment process for a patient with a DFU
• Indicate the appropriate multidisciplinary management for the patient with a DFU
• Utilise the appropriate education for a patient with a DFU.
If you pass the test at the end of the course you will get a personalised digital PDF certificate available to download from your website profile. Ensure your details are fully completed, so all certificate fields display accurately.
This course has been awarded 1.5 CEU points by An Bord Altranais. An Bord Altranais is the statutory body that regulates the nursing and midwifery profession in Ireland.
This course is accredited in Ireland only.